Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sugarless Journey

So I know it has been too long since I've blogged, but I thought I would blog my time spent without sugar....It all started last night around 8 PM when the Andes Mint Brownies came out of Livia's oven. Of course I ate one....who wouldn't. This morning, I woke up, felt motivated and decided today was the day I would no longer eat sugar (at least until I lose 4-5 pounds...hopefully before Robby's wedding next week). Anywho...I dump the rest of the OH SO YUMMY GOODNESS chocolate cake down the drain...you would have been proud and my sugar free day begins. Make it through the gym, home to shower and run Ella to ballet. Make it through ballet and then I come home for lunch. Make a HUGE yummy salad and eat the ENTIRE thing....think...well since i can't have sugar, I should give myself a piece of whole wheat toast...and when I went to get the bread...THERE THEY WERE.....THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES.....there was a minute (maybe 30) hesitation before I promptly sat down and ate 10 of them...2 at a time...very slowly. And it ends...my sugar free 12 hours were fantastic. Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow.

11 comments:

i'm h.mac said...

smart girl.

life without sugar is a sad one.

Kristi said...

If I didn't know we were related before.....I would know now!! I couldn't even go 12 hours without sugar, so I know how you feel. Enjoy the wedding!

Jessica said...

I love that you tried! I could never give it up! I can't believe you dumped the brownies down the drain! I would justify it by saving them for the kids ;) (right)

The Ollila's said...

You are so funny Angela. I think 12 hours is a pretty long time to go without sugar. I probably have never gone over a couple of hours without it. Way to go!!

Chelsea said...

OH!! It must be a family issue that we have. I start each day, "So committed." By night, I'm on a sugar high! I didn't know Robbie was getting married. I am SO out of the loop!

Young Family Adventures said...

Too funny!! I am reading this as I break into my bag of carmels & engulf 3 of them!! I have days like that all to often too. I guess that is what it is all about, just trying!!

It is so great to hear from you & catch up with you!! Have fun with your family - I am sure the wedding will be wonderful, tell all your family HI for me!! Love you all

Wilde Things said...

No one can blame you . . . after all, who can really resist girl scout thin mints? You're good just to eat 10! How exciting that Robby is getting married . . . congrats to him. I think that everytime you eat a big salad you are justified in a little sugar, anyway.

Sonia said...

Story of my life, lol!!!

Amy said...

Good for you. i don't think I would have lasted even 12 hours.

Laura said...

you make me laugh! good job trying though! don't give up! you will feel so good once you get past the first couple of days. eat all the fruit you want just stay away from that white stuff!!:)(at least for a little while.) I've been craving bread like crazy! I might give in soon too:(

The Hall Clan said...

You go girl!!! Just remember a big salad cancels any amount of sugar out. Don't forget you can't fight the genes!! You are Kathy's daughter after all.