Sunday, March 22, 2009

Teach Me!

So, I was driving on our way to Southern Utah this past week....and had the cruise control set at 75 in a 70 mph speed limit zone...safe you would think. Nope, I got pulled over. He said I was going 77 and I GOT A TICKET! Teach me to blog and brag about getting out of stuff. I am pissed. 7 MPH over...who gets a ticket for that. and it is going to cost me $130.00. Yeah, no fair...that is all I have to say.

Other than that, the trip was great fun and we made it there and back alive. It was about 50 hours in the car..I know you are all jealous! It was worth it though!

9 comments:

MALANS said...

Thats what you get for not coming up here and visiting us!!

Leanne said...

Sorry, but that's way too funny! That is a long drive! I don't envy you at all. My drive to Utah is only 9 hours and it almost kills me!

The Ollila's said...

That totally sucks...and is pretty funny considering your previous blog. But seriously, I am with you...7mph over. That is a load of some serious dung!!

Angela said...

and it is going to cost me 162.00. Really for 7MPH over. that is more like the pice of a 15+MPH difference

Chelsea said...

I wish I could feel sorry for you. I got 2 tickets in 2 weeks! I really can't believe that you got a ticket for 7 over. 50 hours in the car? With kids? WOW!

Erin said...

Sorry! Billy tells me to go exactly the speed limit lately, b/c the cops are giving tickets for everything! They have to pay for all these bailouts I guess:)

Angela said...

Funny Erin, that is Dan's exact theory. He thinks that is how the taxpayers are gonna make up all that money. I haven't gotten one ticket in PF, Just in Lubbock. LOVELY

kellie said...

That's funny! I got 2 ticket in the fall about 2 months apart - it is such a lovely feeling!

Amy said...

OK, your last two posts are hilarious! Kai has gotten out of a bunch of ticekts too. I got pulled over once in my whole life three years ago for going 30 in a 25 and I get a ticket. The thing is I didn't even know what I had done wrong because I was going five under the speed limit, not realizing that I had just entered the school zone that consequently was no longer a school zone in 4 minutes. Can you tell I am still frustrated. Anyway I didn't find out why the cop had even pulled me over until he'd come back with my ticket . . .I hate him.:)

It was fun to see you guys . . . we really do want to come to Texas:)