Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Beginning

Well, I guess it is time that I become a blogger. I am excited about putting daily information into some sort of written format for all the world to see....ha ha ha! Since I am not a scrap booker and I am really no good at journal keeping I thought that writing this blog might somehow preserve some of the memories we are making as a family. I don't know how long the internet will last or this site itself will be around, but as technology advances I guess so will I. This past few months has been a whirlwind. On one hand I feel like the baby was just barely born, and on the other it has been the LONGEST four months of my life. He is a great baby and has been since he was born. ....as I type he is fussing..... He is such a great sleeper and I feel so blessed to be getting a great deal of sleep. This week my husband has been gone to Minnesota and our good friends the Francoms came down from Mansfield. Tarin had such a great time playing with Sophia. We got to swim and went to Zilker Park and the Austin Nature and Science Center. We even rode the Zilker Zephyr (train) around the park. Ella sat between Noah and Alexandra and giggled the entire time. Even The baby seemed very amused to be riding a train. Maybe the love of trains is innate in boys. Our great neighbor Rachel, the photographer, made this cool website that has pictures of the day. If you would like to see them, it is http://www.photoshow.com/watch/JF7hf3tG. It was a fun and tiring day. The kids were all completely wiped out.

So my goal for this summer is to get caught up on all the photo albums and begin keeping better records of our life. Walker is the lucky child that will actually have a history of his early life. I guess I am doing things a little backwards. Normally your third child has no pictures, but in our family, it is the opposite. We don't have a whole lot from Tarin's babyhood, a little more from Ella's and we'll have heaps from Walkers. I guess I am just realizing how important it is....mostly to me. Hopefully I won't be the only family member to post on our blog. I hope Dan will join in the fun too. I guess that depends on how busy he is at work. All right well my five minutes is officially spent.....more later

2 comments:

April said...

Yea!!! I am so excited that you have a blog and I can get even more updates on you guys. Welcome to blogging!
We had so much fun last week with you. We are all sad that we couldn't stay longer.

Wilde Things said...

I'm glad you have a blog too. (I even have a link on my blog to yours now, so you'll have to update often!)
Walker is so cute. And I can't believe how big the girls are getting. The pictures are fun to see.
Miss you lots!