Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2008 Hunting Trip






This Years Hunting Trip was a blast!!! I went with 8 members of Angela's family, Because there is no one in my family manly or tough enough to do anything this cool. Anyways I got to shoot my gun twice and my bullets found two large Hogs unlike someone else in our hunting party who's name will remain anonymous who wasted 8 bullets and two different guns on one pour defenseless Ram. Anyways 2 Hogs was the limit. I could have paid another $800 to shoot 2 more but I already had to much bacon as it was. In fact I donated one of my kills to a little Mexican family that needed the meat a whole lot more than me. So it that works out great. My only question is does that donation count for this months Tithing. Any ways I'm going to be attaching some pictures of the hunt below. I must warn you, some are pretty bloody. Anyways, these pigs are so mean looking and down right nasty, not to mention the SMELL!!!
I'm so glad that I didn't have to skin or gut them. I would have been puking all over the place. Again we had a blast... We ate lots and lots of basically nothing but crap. Between the 9 of us we consumed 6 boxes of Twinkies and mass amounts of candy and beef jerky not to mention the catered Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinner that the hunting ranch provided. For the record I did have an apple and an orange. My abs are still sore from laughing so hard. We had two video cameras going pretty much the whole 3 days and we got some pretty hilarious footage. Some of the PG-13 videos will be posted on You Tube here pretty quick I'll post the links when they become available. I got to see my last years kill again. I shot the biggest one last year so the Ranch had it mounted and is hanging in the bunk house. He's so cool looking. I might have to get one mounted so I can hang it in out guest room. Maybe Next Year... Check out the show below. I look forward to your comments.

1 comment:

Wilde Things said...

Yuck! But, kind of cool. Where is Dawson's Ranch? Sounds like some fun bonding time for the manly Welling family hunters. Does it makes good bacon? Oh, and yes, pretty cool that your gun matches your pants.