Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sick Again . . .

I am seriously so sick of the sickness that has been haunting our house since the middle of December. It started with Dan, and now it has moved on to all three of the kids. We have been well for a week and then sick for a week, on and off for about two months. I seriously cannot handle another day of being the care taker. It is very draining. Did I mention that ALL THREE of the kids are sick? I am either giving medicine to one, cleaning up after the other, making a snack for one or changing a diaper at all times. I am ready to call a nanny and take a week off. I know so many other people on the planet have sick families all the time, it just hasn't ever happened to me, at least since we became a family of 5. It is rough stuff. I have all new respect for nurses at hospitals and clinics, however they are typically not on 24/7, and they get paid.

Just two weeks ago at church during the good news minute I annouced that all children and adults in our house were well...so much for that...five days later another evil virus entered our house. A friend from church told me that there was a pandemic in this area and most schools have about 20% of their students home sick. I wonder if it is just Texas, or what. I know the pollen counts are high. So, needless to say, we are stuck on the homefront again this week. It could be a long one. Not very often to I envy Dan having to get up and go to work, but what I wouldn't give to have somewhere to go tomorrow to get away from the sick.

Anyway...that is all the whining I have in me for now....catch ya later, hopefully when we are all well.....hopefully that is.

5 comments:

The Ollila's said...

I feel so sorry for you!!! I have been avoiding public places and been a crazy person about washing hands after you touch pretty much anything. I am trying so hard to avoid all that sickness. I hope they get better soon for you, and I hope you don't get it too.

GOOD LUCK

Sonia said...

I am right there with you. We were good for about a week, then yesterday Aidan woke up sick with a fever and a runny nose. Last night, Adam Jr. started running a fever of 103. I figured it was probably the flu, but hoped I was wrong. Adam Sr. took him to the doctor this morning and my diagnosis was confirmed. Now, I'm just waiting for Avery to start complaining too! So much fun to be a mom during the flu/virus season!!!! Hope you guys feel better soon, and know that I'm right there with ya. In fact, I think Aidan has a little surprise in his diaper for me! Oh the joys of motherhood!!!!

April said...

I'm so sorry! We have had our seasons where it just seems to keep going 'round and 'round through everyone!
My advice is to change out everyone's toothbrushes - now and then again after you are sure they are well. It might not work, but it always makes me think I'm doing something productive to stop the cycle. :)

Wilde Things said...

We've been so lucky. Ty started to get sick Thursday night. He woke up with a horrible sore throat, and so I kept him home, But, by noon he was miraculously all better. I just keep giving everyone their vitamins and keep my fingers crossed. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Amy said...

Everyone in Mesquite is getting crazy sick too. This is the first year we have ever got the flu. We usually just get strep. SOmetimes I feel like never letting anyone leave the house. Those pictures of enchanted rock look fun. I burned my little kiera last year in late spring. I wasn't thining about sunblock either. She is so fair skinned and the burn was so bad, I felt horrible. Wish we could meet up with you guys.