Friday, October 3, 2008

'Tis the Season

My kids keep asking me why the Halloween stuff is up in the stores! I keep wondering myself...could it really be October. To be honest, I cannot wait for 2008 to end. It has been a rough year for our little family and I am looking forward to a new year. Not that I am not grateful for all the good things that have happened this year, because I am, I am just ready for a whole new set of things to be grateful for. Does that make sense?

I was in Hobby Lobby a month or so ago and they already had their fall stuff on sale and the Christmas stuff was all out. I guess 'tis the season already. Someone told me that because of the economic situation in our country right now, economist are expecting this to be the worst Christmas season for retailers all around. So, who wants to do homemade stuff this year?? I DO I DO!! Anyone got any ideas? I am the least creative person you will ever meet...just ask my friends.

4 comments:

The Ollila's said...

You are soooooo wrong!!! I am the least creative person in the world. Hands down!!!

Carrie said...

I have a whole list of ideas on my blog. I subscribe to so many crafty blogs and get ideas for stuff all of the time. I just have a hard time following through with all of them. ;)
I'm all for handmade stuff though and whenever I make stuff to give to people I really hope they don't think it's weird or cheap. That's always been my reservation with handmade.

I do have a really cute apron pattern that makes a great gift for moms, grandmas, and friends that I can help you with. It's not hard, just takes some time.

And I hardly believe that you are the least creative person in the world. HA!

Sonia said...

Whatever, you are soooo not the least creative person in the world. You are very creative, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! I wish I had some cute ideas, but I'm at a loss myself! If I think of something, I'll let you know! Oh, and I'm sure 2009 is going to be great for you! Think positive!

Chelsea said...

Oh geesh!! I really wish you'd stop talking about my cousin like that. You are very creative. I have no ideas so, let me know when you figure something out.

Oh! Thank you for the doughnut recipe. You're awesome.