Monday, September 29, 2008

We did It!!

So, for about a month I have been complaining that I need one of my mom's (origionally Grandma Welling's) donuts. This time of year is when we would start to plan the annual donut/Halloween party. Over the years this party has evolved from a Halloween party for the kids pre-trick or treating to a donut/soup party for all the adults. I MISS THEM TERRIBLY! So I decided, if Carin can do it, so can I. (Although she is much better at most things than I am) So, we had the families Dan home teaches over for FHE tonight and we made them donuts. They weren't as tasty as my mom's but they were pretty good for a first shot. They got eaten. I made about 100 donuts and this is a picture of what is left after everyone left my house tonight. Given, there were some plates delivered through the neighborhood, but for the most part, the majority was consumed.


If I ever make them again, I will make the frosting a little differently and I will plan ahead to not have to feed the missionaries dinner the same night, and I won't plan a lunch for the ladies I visit teach the same day either. It was kindof a crazy day, but it all worked out and everyone left with full bellies and a sugar headache.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh man, those look good!! Any chance I could get that recipe?? My husband would adore me for making him homemade donuts! krandy@gmail.com

Claire said...

very impressed - they look professional!

Chelsea said...

That is such a great idea. I didn't know that g-ma Welling had a doughnut recipe. Is that great grandma or Grandma (Afton) Welling? Could I have the recipe too? I would love to start a new tradition for our family.

Way to go Tarin for breaking in the new babysitter. I hope her hand gets better fast. I didn't realize that she was such a great soccer player.

Leanne said...

Those are some beautiful donuts... wish he still hometaught us!

April said...

Yum! Those doughnuts are so good! I remember the first time we had them...mmmmm....
Wanna share the recipe?? I might have to add them to the pumpkin pancake dinner. :)

Jill Wagner said...

Yummy! I'm impressed you got everything all done. What a day.

And that stinks about Tarin--the joys of growing up.

Sonia said...

Hey, can those donuts be delivered to Mansfield! I haven't gotten to try them yet, but I've heard sooo much about them! They look FABULOUS!!!!

ima10cow said...

Those look AMAZING (imagine me saying that with a high sing-songy voice). Mind posting the recipe?? I tried donuts for the first time last year...they were OK...but I'm going for greatness this year! :)

www.waitimconfused.com