Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Long Time Coming

It has been forever since my last post and so much is going on...I guess that is why I haven't posted in so long. I will have to update the Halloween pics at a later date, when I have more time that is. But I thought I would just update a few of the highlights of the past few weeks.

Halloween was a total blast. Tarin went as Super Tarin, Ella was, you guessed it, Jezelle from Enchanted, and Walker was a puppy (we won't tell him it was a Lady costume from lady and the tramp) He just thinks he was a puppy. Al came over as well as our good friend Jen. The kids all ate as much candy as they could stomach for one night and we just hung out outside, the weather was beautiful. Jen and Dan harassed the kids that came by and we all just visited. It was fun!

Tarin was elected her classroom mayor. We found out on a Thursday that she had made it through the primary's. She needed to give a speech on Friday to her classmates so they could decide if they wanted to elect her. So, immediately we called Nana and she came up with a great poem that Tarin immediately memorized and we made some cards that said "Let Tarin the "Star-Burst" into service as your class mayor. We attached a starburst and off she went. She apparantly did a good job because she won. We are proud of her. I think it was a great boost of self confidence for her. Her teacher has been doing a great job teaching them about the elections and everything. They had a classroom vote on Election day for whom they thought should be president. He has been reading a little about each candidate each day from the newspaper. Once they got all the information he gave them, they then formulated their own opinion. Like the rest of the state of TX, McCain won her class over, but that was no forecast of the future, I guess.

Dan is still a traveling fool. It has been crazy, and it will continue to be that way until we figure out what we are going to do. This weekend I am leaving the kids with a friend and going to Tulsa with Dan. We are going to look around and see what we think and what we like. It should be interesting. I am getting really good at the whole sigle parent gig...given, i don't have to go out to a job everyday. Not cooking dinners is kindof nice. The kids are happy with whatever, so I make something for myself at the beginning of the week and then live on it for the rest of the week. It rocks.

I will update more later with pictures and everything.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I want to see pics and I hope that you have a good time with Dan this weekend in Tulsa. I am sure you will have more of an idea of what y'all want to do. Things in Katy are good...we are in a LARGE ward here and what is the worst part right now is church is at 8am!

Chelsea said...

I've been thinking about you. Glad to know that you're doing well. Good luck going to Tulsa. you have so many decisions to make. I know you'll do fine. I'm headed up to Toronto to see Kyle also.I'm going to set my blog to private. I'm freaked out about random people looking at my kids after a story on ksl. Send me your e-mail address so I can put you on my list. chelseawhitney@gmail.com

Leanne said...

bout time! I've wondered what you have been up to. Glad you found some time. You'll have to update us when you find out about Tulsa... And WAY TO GO TARIN! Chloe wants Tarin to go to www.chitchatwithchloe.blogspot.com.

Damitz Family said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Halloween! Your kids are beautiful.

We're kind of in the same boat of having to make decisions and doing some single parenting and it's rough. Although I have to say I think having a traveling spouse is still easier than some of the decisions we have to make. Good luck with everything and enjoy your weekend!