Friday, September 28, 2007

Goals Update

So, I made a list of all the goals I had for the week, and so far here is the update.....As far as cleaning my house goes...for the first time in my life I PAID SOMEONE TO DO IT! IT WAS AWESOME! I came home and everything from my microwave to the blinds and bathrooms were sparkling clean. It was absolutely incredible. To tell you the truth I felt pretty lazy, especially knowing what my mom must think of me, but when I realized how it would have taken me all week to get done what someone else did in a few hours, I felt much better about it. As a stay at home mom I wonder why I can't seem to manage to get it all done, but that is the way the cookie crumbles. I did get the fabric bought for the curtains and am SO excited about that. I did clean the carpet in one of the rooms of my house. The baby decided to blow out a diaper and suddenly that project became a priority. It needed desperatley to be done, so that was just the excuse. It looks so good I don't know that I need to buy a rug anymore. It is great. As far as losing five pounds...well I had some fries at McD's today so that tells you how committed I was to that goal...oh yeah and my friend gave me the best cookie recipe this week and of course I had to try it. So....it wasn't a complete waste. The kids all ate every night and it was a somewhat productive week. I feel good sitting here typing in my nicely cleaned house.

1 comment:

Wilde Things said...

I'm jealous you got to hire a house cleaner. I don't think you're lazy (come on you're a MOM), but I am jealous! I've considered it . . .
Anyway, to change the subject, I was thinking of you today! We drove up to "the valley" for a baptism today. It was georgeous! The leaves were in full color, it was snowing lightly up the canyon, a little too cold once we stepped outside the car, but definately breath-taking. Hope I didn't make you miss home too much!