Sunday, September 23, 2007

Goals

I don't know about all of you, but every Sunday night in my world is filled with goals or lists of things I would like to accomplish during the next week. So far this week my list goes like this...Clean the carpets, clean the bathrooms, clean the floors, dust the blinds, dust the house, grocery shop, cook dinner every night....which means I need to create a menu, buy the fabric for my curtains, and finally find a rug to hide the stains I am going to get out of the carpet after I clean it. oh yeah...and lose five pounds. That is among the normal day to day stuff that goes on in the house. Another goal is to workout each day. So, as you can see, I should not be spending time updating my blog...I should be moving furniture so I can actually feel like I've started working on my list. There is oh, so much to do. I just thought I would give a little update on the kiddos!

Ella started pre school a few weeks ago. I think she likes it. Nap time has been a challenge, especially since there is no more bink. It is true, Ella finally gave it up. She gave it to the lady at Wal Mart in exchange for some much wanted toys. She got an Bella Dancerella Princess kit as well as a dress up to match. She is such a funny gal.

Tarin is doing well in school. Her first grade teacher has been on bed-rest so they have a perma-sub. I think things are going well, but I don't get much information out of her. She has had spelling tests which is a new thing this year. She seems to like school and is getting to be quite a good reader. I am just glad that I don't have to fight her every day to get her out the door. I guess next spring could be a different story but right now it is all good.

Enough is enough...I am going to start on the list...no more procrastinating.

4 comments:

Wilde Things said...

Travis gets sick of my lists and talking of goals. I think it is funny that you do the same thing I do. I used to actually sit up in bed on Sun. nights and make lists . . . but now I've just resorted to writing it on the calendar. Needless to say the calendar is pretty crowded with meals, preschool times, gymnastics times, visiting teaching appointments, etc. But, I'm not as ambitious as you. Instead of cleaning I just sit here and dream that some nice fairy will come clean for me . . . it never happens.

Em said...

Shout out to my Texas pal! I hear ya. I get the "Sunday Night Jitters". A week of work ahead. Lately though, I keep wondering why I get less done on the weekends when I actually have a spouse around to help. We just end up playing. Life is good. Oh, and I loved reading Dan's Bio. Cool Memories... Love, Em

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

You had to delete a comment? I have never had to do that, yet. It makes me curious about people who write rude comments on blogs. I just don't get it.
Anyway...I should actually make a to do list. I would probably be much more effective that way and actually get something done! Instead, I just can't decide on where to start on the house, so I make something instead. crazy, i know!