Saturday, February 23, 2008

Almost March

So, another month has gone by without much blogging going on. I know I need to be better at this, but it has been crazy, but fun. Dan's little brother and Sisiter in law moved here this month. WE ARE SO EXCITED to have some family in town. We only hope that hanging out with us doesn't make them never want children. I had to reminder the SIL the other day that they aren't born three years old....as Ella was throwing a tantrum. They start out little and relatively easy, and then they progressively get harder, right? I guess harder in a different way...more self reliant, but harder because you lose some control of their choices. Anyway, that is my observation. I guess you just teach them what you think you should and then hope they make the right choices.


We went to Enchanted Rock again a few weekends ago with the Busbys. I will post some pictures if I ever get my act together. I didn't even think about sunblock and all the kids got fried, especially Walker. I know, mother of the year...I always seem to be earning that award.



This was the section where Ella actually walked. I let her win the daily shoe battle that morning and her shoes were giving her some pretty big blisters....a fight I guess I should have fought harder.




On the way down it look like it would be a good ride on a slide....unfortunately this time because the rock wasn't wet, it didn't make much of a granite slide.



It was a pretty steep climb up.


Willie came with us and I couldn't not put this sweet picture of him and Bethy on.


So that is an update....we hope to be creating a photo show from our adventures at the wild animal park. That is soon to be coming.

3 comments:

i'm h.mac said...

i am so jealous of your warm weather! i hear sunburned and it is like a foreign language. looks like you guys had a lot of fun! by the way, amy christensen was over at my house the other day and said to say hey.

Wilde Things said...

I'm glad you're all feeling better.
And I'm glad you have some family close by. (Even if I get sick of my family being too close sometimes, I'm sure I would be lonesome for them if they were all gone.)
What adventurers!

Sonia said...

Hey, Adam and Adam were just at Enchanted Rock this past weekend. It was a scouts camping trip. Big ol' dumb me, didn't even think about having them drop me off in Austin, so we just stayed here and had the usual mom, Avery and Aidan time! Oh well, maybe next time I'll remember!!! Duh!!!