Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ellaisms

So, I was thinking today about all the funny thing my middle child has to say and thought if I didn't document them somewhere that I just might forget...

Ellaism Number 1 - The parable of the soap

One day Ella had been in the toilet doing her thing and as she was washing her hand she dropped my (used to be my mother in law's) cutest chili pepper soap dispenser and broke it. I, of course, was upset and told her (in a very firm, loud voice) that if she needed help she should ask. And then she went to time out. Later on, as I was talking to her in time out. This was her comment, "Mom, if when I break the soap, you come in and say, Ella that was not a good choice to break the soap, and I will say, sorry mommy and you will say, that is okay. Then I will not be sad and you will be a nice mommy." I thought this alone was pretty cute, however the story continues. About a week later we were getting ready to leave and she was taking her time choosing shoes and didn't get to the car when I thought she should. Anyway, I got upset with her and told her in a very loud voice....to GET IN THE CAR! She calmly looked at me and said "Mommy, remember the soap."


Ellaism Number Two - The Four Letter Word

Yesterday at preschool, they were eating lunch and apparantly it was a big mess. Ella looked at her teacher and and pointed to the mess on the floor and said, "Are you gonna clean this crap up?" She of course got a talking to about using potty words at school. I guess her mommy needs a talking to too. I counted, and just after dinner I said that before mentioned four letter word like six times just doing the dishes after dinner. Maybe breaking this habit will require an elastic around my wrist.

6 comments:

The Ollila's said...

Those "Ellaisms" are so hilarious. I particularly loved the 2nd one. The things they say are so funny. My kids are the same way. I have to be better about writing them down.

i'm h.mac said...

i am so glad to know i am not the only mother who goes thru this!

i bet i use the 4 letter word more than i want to admit, i get some justification from it, its odd...

Sonia said...

I swear Ella and Avery are one in the same!!! They don't even live close to eachother anymore, but they have the SAME personality. I don't know how many times Avery tells me I hurt her feelings and made her sad, and that she wants her nice mommy back!!! KIDS!!!

Wilde Things said...

You are such a good mom! Remember the soap, that is classic. You're lucky your four letter word wasn't too horribly bad. I went through a stage when Tyler was about three when I used some other four letter words, which he repeated. Unfortunately, most everyone who heard him thought it was a hoot to hear a 3-year old swearing, which only made him want to say it more. Needless to say, he and I had a to have a real heart-to-heart where we both agreed to stop saying the bad words. He was good at reminding me. And we both kicked the habit!

Amy said...

That is so funny.Cambria sometimes has similar comments for me, but Ella takes the cake. I love that she said "remember the soap?"

Em said...

Ang, I am cracking up. Eden does that too. Ella is hilarious. Smartie pants girls.