Monday, March 3, 2008

Birthday Boy!

This is the video of the birthday singing for our big boy. The kids had a blast watching him tear into his cake. He did to, obviously! It is hard to believe he is one year old. A friend that came tonite asked me if it had been a quick year, and to be truthful, it seems like a lot longer than a year ago that he was born. He has been a great baby, and a pure joy in our house. It isn't that he was a poor sleeper or a crier or a grump or anything like that. I think it was simply the transition from two children to three. All of a sudden there was SO much more laundry, and so much more to think about as we left the house. I am looking forward to another great year with my happy baby boy. To think about him ever being more than a baby is a little far fetched for me.




Here is the final cake eating photo! He really liked it!



This was promptly followed by a pre-bath in the kitchen sink, and then a real bath in the tub. I think he liked it, don't you. What you can't see is the cake....literally caked into his hair. We had to scrub it to get it out. It was good fun!


And the grand finale was the boy crashed out in a sugar coma on the floor in his jammies. Poor kid was just simply tuckered out after his big day.

Oh...what a good boy we have!


4 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday, Walker! He is such a happy fun loving boy and I hope my little boy on the way is the same way!! I hope y'all had a great night of fun and cake. :)

Erin said...

Look at that face! You know he had fun... Now, is that your "practice" cake for Relief Society? I am thinking about making a cake today to see if I am any good. We will see if I get around to it though.

April said...

Happy Birthday, Walker! Very cute.

Sonia said...

Happy Happy Birthday Walker!!! That is just crazy he's already one, and that he's as big as he is! Wow, he's going to be sooo tall!!! Lucky!!!