Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update - WE SURVIVED

We made it home alive from our round 2 trip to Utah this summer. It was such a great time to see everyone. Of course, the best times of all, were after the kids went to bed and my mom and sister and I went to see Mama Mia and then hanging with the folks watching the olympics and of course the fabulous night out with Rob and Carin. I also got to go to my Welling family reunion in the Uintahs. It was fun to re-connect with all my cousins. Another reason I love the blog...we have all found eachother (or maybe I just found them). It is great! We had such a great time. I love spending quality time with my siblings and parents. It is just a nice time for all. It was nice to feel like I was home again even if it was just for a little bit. The highlight for Ella was playing with Grandma's new kitty. Maybe one day I will dedicate a post to the saga of the baby kitty. It is a pretty funny story and should be documented at some point.

We had a little pre-birthday party for Tarin with our friends in Utah. Kellie and Morlie were down from Dutch John (flaming gorge) and Ivy and the kids came to the North Ogden pool with us. Thanks to Grandma we even had cupcakes, what would we do without her? If I were a good mom I would have taken my camera and taken some pictures, but I am not, and I didn't. I haven't quite figured out how to do a camera and Walker at the pool. One day I will put a video of him on the blog. He is fearless and LOVES to be under the water. He rarely chokes on it and just loves it. It makes the pool all kinds of good fun for me. My pal Jen says I need to record it because anyone who hasn't gone swimming with the boy will believe me. He is a funny kid.

So, here is the scoop. Dan has already started his new gig. His region is Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. We can live anywhere within those three states. The old rep lived in Oklahoma and that seemed to work out well, so that is what we are shooting for, plus the cost of living there is great (gas is still $3.30 a gallon). We aren't going to be moving until we sell our house, which has not had a showing yet, might I add. So, Dan's schedule is like this for the next few weeks...come home tonight, late, and leave early tomorrow until Sunday. Home Sunday afternoon, leave Monday night, home Friday night, but thanks to Labor Day he won't leave again until Monday night or Tuesday and home Friday....leave Monday...and so on and so on. Fun Stuff, huh? That will be the routine unless they throw in some Minnesota training classes and then he will be gone Mondays through Sundays. That is the gig. Doesn't that sound fun? I feel badly for Dan because he isn't going to have much down time at all. I guess that is the nature of the beast! That is all for now...headed to the airport!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you had fun in UTah! I just sawe Mama Mia- it was so cheesey and funny I absolutley loved it! I am sorry to hear that you have to pick up and move again. Poor Dan, all that traveling has got to be hard on him, AND poor you! That is a lot of kid raising on your own! I am also glad that Dan survived his first motorcycle accident! Kai wants to get one and I keep begging him not to!
Good luck with your next adventure! Dani Clark Francis Lives somewhere in Oklahoma. Maybe she could help you find a good area. I know she loves it.

The LaMont Family said...

Hi Angela! It was great to see you at the reunion! Good to hear you made it safely home...three kids on a plane...I have no idea how you manage that! Hannah loved playing with Ella...so fun!

Unknown said...

Hey Ange, It was sure good to see you and your kids this past weekend at the Reunion, wish you guys could have stayed longer. What a trooper you are flying on a plane and going through the airport with 3 kidos. Good luck with your new adventures in trying to sell your house and moving to Oklahoma. We love you guys and miss seeing you. We'll talk to you later. Uncle Mikal

Chelsea said...

Oh my Angela!! So, you're joining the ranks of single parenting... It isn't very fun, I'll be honest. I'll pray that your house sells quickly so that you can all be together again. You don't even have any family around to give you a break once in awhile. I'm sorry.. I wish that we lived closer.I'm glad that you had such a great time with the fam. It's always good to remember where you come from. Take care... I'll be thinking of you.

Jessica said...

Good luck with selling your house. It is such a hard time right now. We were totally blessed to be able to see the house so quickly. It is really hard to try and move especially without a hubby. We will keep you in our prayers. Hope all goes well.

Sonia said...

Seriously, I think Mansfield would be a great place for you guys to live. That way you don't have to pick a different state! I don't want you to leave Texas! But, if you must, please make a quick stop in Mansfield!

Mashelle said...

Hi Angela. I'm sorry I missed you at the reunion. We had to leave Saturday morning. I'm glad you made it home safely and sanely.

i'm h.mac said...

oh, when it rains it pours! you have such a great attitude and i hope your home sells fast! too bad, we must have missed each other at the n.o. pool....

April said...

I was so happy to hear that Tarin had a good birthday! I can't believe how crazy things are for you right now. I really hope your house sells quickly for you. The kids were sad to hear that you are moving again, especially Sophia. I let her know that OK wasn't that far. :)

Leanne said...

Hey you!... good to hear from you. I can't believe you have to move again. When's Dan going to bring you to California? It was good to see pics of you kids. They are so big and CUTE! Good luck with Dan being gone so much... I'm glad you hear you have such good friends where you are. (that's because you are always such a good friend!) Keep me posted. I'm excited to read through your blog but I gotta go get ready for church right now.