Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Cycle is NOT broken

So, for those of you who haven't heard, yes after our longest stint in any house we have ever owned (this is our 3rd house within 4 years) we are moving yet again. Dan has been offered a promotion as a field rep for his same company. His territory will be covering Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. So, we will be moving to one of the three states, most likely Oklahoma. This business has been brewing for a few weeks..and started out with us thinking we were going to lose our job, so we are feeling very grateful and "seriously so blessed" that we are in the position that we are and not one that we could be in. So, now that my house is completely the way I want it, it is time for someone else to enjoy it....IF we can sell it. The market here is pretty crummy, but if you know anyone moving to TX who need a really great house, send them to the house blog by going to http://www.texasforsalebyowner.blogspot.com/.

Another thing I am really grateful for is that Dan survived his first and hopefully only motorcycle accident this week. At about 5PM every day I try really hard to keep myself busy so I don't think too much about him riding home on his motorcycle and then I just breathe a sigh of relief when I hear the rumble from a mile away. (I can tell it is him for sure, because Willie recognizes the rumble too.) But this day I got the phone call I dread. Yep, he had been in an accident, but he called me and he was fine. Apparantly some guy in front of him slammed on his brakes and Dan locked up his own, rear-ended the car in front of him and then fell over with the beastly bike on top of him. He WALKED away with only a few scrapes and bruises. The most amazing thing about it is...NOONE STOPPED TO HELP. Can you believe it? He was laying on the ground under his motorcycle, and the cars behind him drove around him to get by. One of the passer by's was even a co-worker of his. I was just amazed. Luckily he wasn't hurt and he got up and was able to lift his bike up and walk away. The bike has some damage, but relatively minor to what it could be. A guy in our ward had the same thing happen to him last month, and he broke his collar bone. So, once again we are feeling "seriously so blessed." (but not in a funny sarcastic way like the other blog....but seriously like I mean it).

So, that is a reason I haven't been posting much lately...too much up in the air to discuss my feelings freely. But now that it is mostly all settled, we are good to go. I am doing quite a bit of stress eating, which is new for me. Usually I don't eat when I am stressed, but this week alone I have made 2 batches of homemade oreos, banana bars, caramel popcorn, and started in on some ice cream...not to mention the 2 trips to MCD's for fries. It is a good thing I am still doing some running...or I would be seriously hating myself...oh yeah, and started in on a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos....gotta get more Diet Coke...just remembered!

So, the cycle continues. We keep adding a few months on to our stint in each house, but the average is about two years. Hm....maybe next time we can stretch it to three years..."Home Equity," what exactly is that? I have heard about it, but don't really understand the concept. So, wish us luck, again on this new adventure! HERE WE GO!

8 comments:

Kate said...

I am sad we are moving but that y'all are moving too! Glad Dan is ok after his accident.

Chelsea said...

You're moving? I don't envy that at all. We moved 2 times last year. Uggh!!! Make the company pay for movers is all that I can say! Good luck. We lived in Louisiana. The people are amazing there!

So scary about Dan's wreck! I am so glad that he is o.k. What's up with no one stopping? I can't believe they drove around him!!! That is crazy!!

Sonia said...

Thank goodness Dan is okay! People can be so stinkin' rude! I can't believe no one stopped! Who does that?

I know where you guys should move...back to Mansfield, it's nice and centrally located, lol! Please, please, please! You're sooo not coming back are you?

April said...

I am so glad that Dan is ok!! How awful that no one stopped to help.

I hope you have the same luck selling that house as you did the one here. :) When does Dan start? I hear a lot of really good things about OK.

Wilde Things said...

So how long do you have before you have to be gone?
I'm so glad that Dan is okay! That is really scary . . .
Hopefully everything will work out.
Homemade oreos sound wonderful, send some this way next them, then you won't have to eat them :)

Wilde Things said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

The Ollila's said...

I can't believe you are moving again. You poor thing!!! I am sure you will love the next place even more. (well keep our fingers crossed)
And, that is crazy about Dan's accident. Unbelievable no one stopped. So did it scare him enough to sell it and stick to a car??? GOod luck with everything, and I hope your trip home gives you a good re-charge for all to come.

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear that you are moving again. I know how that is and it SUCKS! The only thing that saved me was knowing that we were going where the Lord needed us to be. Not sure why still, but we are trying to find out. Scary about Dan's accident. So glad he is okay. People are crazy out there, especially those who keep driving when someone is hurt. BTW, I need the recipe for your homemade oreo cookies. They sound delicious and Elena wants to make some. Send the recipe over. Miss you heaps! Wish we were still in Utah so we could of hooked up. :(