Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mother-In-Law


Some might say that the word Mother-In-Law is just another word for Terrorist. I'm fortunate that I have a mother-in-law who likes me. And I like her, as well. Not that bumps in the road don't arise sometimes, I think I’m the only person on record that has made the woman cry. (Don’t ask it’s a long story) First of all I am thankful to my Mother in Law for giving birth to Angela. If it wasn't for her, she wouldn't be here, but that's only where my appreciation for her begins. She doesn’t interfere with the way we are raising our kiddos, even when we lived with them for 6 months. I feel sorry for all those who tell me they dread spending time with their in-laws; I actually look forward to it. I recently had the opportunity to spend the last 4 days with my Mother-in-Law without my wife. Angela had to go to Girls Camp and I didn’t have enough Vacation to take off and watch the kiddos, so once again Mamma Welling came to the rescue. I’m not going to lie to you I wasn’t looking forward to it. I had several escape plans set from the get go. But after the 1st little bit it was a piece of cake. She took me to go get BBQ on night #1. What a woman!!! She knows how to speak my language. That’s just the kind of Mother-in Law/Mom/Grandma she is… she wants us to be happy and she knows what we all enjoy and she goes out of her way to make it happen. I want to express my appreciation for not only helping us out this week but for everything that she has done for me and my family over the past 10 years. Thanks again Mamma Welling for all you do!!

4 comments:

jones family said...

Hey i came across your blog on jimmys blog. It was so good to see you guys, visit again soon
melanie

Kate said...

Angela will be so proud of your sweet post about her mom!

Chelsea said...

Hey!! This is Chelsea, Angela's cousin. That was a really great post from a husband. I am so happy to find Angela again. I have wondered for years now how to get a hold of her and am so glad she came across my blog! You have a beautiful family. Each one of your kids look like they are so full of personality! They are adorable. I didn't know that you were in Texas either. Do you like it? We lived in Louisiana for a year and I really loved the people there. Keep in touch. I love you Ange!

Sonia said...

That is so sweet! I'm sure Angela loves that you guys get along so well! It makes life sooo much easier!!!!