Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Before July is Over

I thought I had better add one more post. Last week Dan's parents were here visiting, and we had such a great time. As soon as they arrived we wisked them off to San Antonio where we went to the Riverwalk and none other than County Line BBQ...if you haven't been there...GO! We then did the boat tour on the river and just bascially sweat ourselves silly. We stayed the night and then went to Six Flags the next day. It was awesome, the Busby's came with us and between the Busby's and John and Cheryl, I think we had a thousand pictures taken. It was great, I didn't even get my camera out once.

All the kids had such a great time at Six Flags. We lasted the whole day. If we got too hot, we would go get wet on the bridge and then just walk around a little damp. Tarin and Ella got to ride as many rides as they wanted. Although, I will tell you that Julia got to ride a few without Tarin and my little dare-devil was a little disappointed. She wanted to ride the big drop one....she is crazy. I know I wouldn't have been that brave at her age. I can still remember the first time I rode the upside down rollercoaster at the theme park where I grew up. CRAZY! I really liked Six Flags in San Antonio...it had a small-town feel. We even made it to the water park. The kids were worn out, as were their parents and grand parents for that matter.

The rest of the week was filled with fun kid activities. Nana and Grandpa took the girls on separate dates and spoiled them rotten. They went to the movies, to the pool, and to see the bats. It was so nice to have visitors. We have had them non-stop for about a month. Before Nana and Grandpa was my good friend Jen. She and her husband are moving here this coming weekend and WE ARE SO EXCITED! So, in my great depression about no visitors for a while, I am consolling myself by not washing the guest room sheets.....because there is no need.

I have been spending a little more time running as of late. My good friend is getting ready to run the St. George Marathon, and I thought I would just run a little with her. Last weekend we ran 13 miles and then this morning we ran 10. The thing about running in Texas is that you have to get it done before the sun shines or it is too hot. We usually leave around 5..I know, crazy, huh? But we have been doing it for a while. Dan's dad ran with us last weekend, except he ran 18 and we only ran 13. He is getting ready for the Maui Marathon in a few weeks. I am so impressed by these people and their desire to run a marathon. I don't know that I will ever have that desire, but I do enjoy running and it is even better when you have a friend at your side. Thanks Jen for encouraging me to be a runner....something I never thought I would ever do, let alone enjoy!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Holy cow! You are a running fool! That is very inspiring. Glad that you've had so many visitors and had such a great time in San Antonio. I've heard that is a beautiful place.

Kate said...

I can't believe y'all are moving too!!! We have to stay in touch.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. The kids are getting so big. Congrats on the running. You inspire me. I start but don't keep up with it. Maybe after reading about you I will get with the program. You are great. We love and miss you tons. Cody misses Dan tons.

Sonia said...

You are soooo good! I wish I could be a runner. Btw, could you please, please, please, puh-lease, come visit? I miss you soooo much, it's not even funny!

Amy said...

Sounds like you guys both have wondeful in laws! I am so impressed about the running thing!