Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wish Me Luck

Well...off I go this week to Girl's camp for our church. This is the first time I have been in about 11 years...or since I was a youth. So, this should be exciting. It will be a little different than camping in the great state because we will be staying in air-conditioned cabins and will have a pool to go relax by when things get rough. The food is catered by some awesome church-folk, so none of that oh-so-yummy campfire food. I think we will have smores one night...as it is a requirement for the girls to learn how to cook over a fire.

So, although it may sound like a break, I do believe there will be a lot of work to be done. My mom is here watching the kiddos so Dan can work his tail off. Thanks to her, I am able to go for the entire week. It will be such great fun!

So, wish me luck and hopefully we don't get heat stroke or something like that. Seriously, who goes to camp in July when you live in Texas? I guess that's why we have A/C.

3 comments:

Chief Kaholoaa said...

Hey I have a new Blog at ChiefKaholoaa.blogspot.com

Mahalo Jimmy

The Ollila's said...

Best of luck to ya. Watch out for those ticks, and chiggers, and snakes, and all those fun texas bugs :)

Honestly, I bet you are going to have a blast......despite the bugs

Kate said...

Hope girls camp was fun and not too hot. I did girls camp in Texas and we didn't have a/c in our cabins. You are lucky!