Sunday, May 18, 2008

So so so much!


So, I have so much to post about. This past week was Ella's 4th birthday. She has been so excited to be 4. She thinks she is so much bigger, and is definately much bigger than she was a year ago when she turned three. She wants to know how much longer she will get to be four. I think she thinks we are going to make her be three again. Truthfully, I don't know if I could handle her being three again. We had a birthday party on Monday, the coldest day yet this spring...at the swimming pool. Luckily most of her friends were brave enough to still come out and play. Most of them ended up with colds, but they came and we all had a great time. She got some fun new "hair" from auntie Hillary and has been wearing it to be Hannah Montana as often as she can.


I homemade her birthday cake. Go me. I had a friend give me a pattern. If you don't look too closely it actually looks pretty good. Good enough for a four year old anyway. She thought it was fabulous!


This past week we also had some crazy weather...I mean tornadic weather. I was so happy to leave the tornadic part of my life up north...I don't like it at all. I thought for sure we would get away from it as we moved south, but I guess not. We had to pull the kids out of bed and bring them downstairs. Once the storm passed, we just left them there and went to sleep. We just had a tree tip over, but some of our friends and neighbors had a lot of damage to their homes and property. I have heard that the tornado actually touched down not too far away from our house. I am so grateful that it stayed clear of us and pray that nothing like it comes by for a good long time.

This weekend I went with some friends to Corpus Christi to run in the Beach to Bay Relay Marathon. It was fun and total and complete chaos. I ran the fourth leg of the race and by the time my team mate got to me, we were already 2 and 1/2 hours into the race...and before I had even started they announced "WE HAVE A WINNER!" I laughed and continued to run. As a team we did pretty well. We finished in about 4 hours and 45 minutes. I really didn't know what to expect. I ran my personal best by far. I ran about 4.94 miles in about 37 minutes. That was WAY faster than I have EVER run, and my body knew it. The only downside to the race, was that after it was over, we quickly showered and then SAT in a car for a LONG ride home. Needless to say we are all a bit stiff today. I think this will definately become an annual tradition for me. It was a kick! My friend wants me to run a 1/2 marathon with her in June. We will both be in Utah/Idaho at the same time and she is going to run one. We will see. 13 miles is a lot different than the mileage that my body is used to running right now. I guess I would have a few weeks to train though.
So that is a short version of what has been going on!

10 comments:

Jill Wagner said...

Holy Cow Angela! 37 minutes! I am so impresssed. What an accomplishment. I'm glad you had such a fun trip.

Unknown said...

You da man!! Angela, you are amazing. Who knew you were part gazelle. We need to sign you up for the Honolulu marathon.

April said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! I can't believe she is 4! crazy.
Congrats on the running! You are totally amazing.

Sonia said...

You go girl! How do you do it? I sooooo want to be a runner, I'm totally jealous! Tell Ella Happy Birthday for us, and her Hannah hair, totally ROCKS!!!

Mindy said...

Way to go with the cake (looked fab) and way to run your little legs off! I'm proud of ya.

The Ollila's said...

Your so cool Angela!! The cake looked awesome. Was it hard to make? Samanthas bday is on the 26I don't think she will be as lucky in the cake dept as Ella was.

And 37 minutes, that is incredible. You go girl.

Claire said...

The cake looks really good! I'm impressed. I'm glad that we all missed the tornado & I thought that we were the only ones that got our kids out of bed for it!

Wilde Things said...

Four must be a big mile stone--since Abby turned four she has tried so many new foods, because now that she is four she can try new foods. And she thinks she is going to turn five any day. She tells Emma about the things she used to do when she was only three (like it was years ago).
The cake looks lovely, how impressive!
And how super impressive with your running time.
Do not run the entire time you are in Utah, I want to see you!

Jessica said...

Congrats on the running! I have always wanted to be a runner. Maybe someday, first I need to lose a bunch of weight. The cake you made is adorable! I love it! Elena saw it and said, "Can you make me a cake like that for my birthday?" I told her I would have to ask you how you did it. It turned out really cute.

Em said...

Hey Ang! Congrats on your race, that sounds really fun. I've never done a relay-I think in some ways it would be harder to train because you're aiming for speed. Good luck with your half marathon and I hope you enjoy the training for it-that's my favorite race because it felt like I'd done something really great that day but I still could walk, have all my toenails, go out for brunch without barfing, and get back to running the very next week. You'll do great! Have fun! Em