Thursday, May 1, 2008

Should's

So, today and this week has been one of those weeks filled with "shoulds." I know dinking around on the computer isn't productive (although sometimes I pay bills) but what I "should" be doing is cleaning the bathroom. Yes, the upstairs toilet has been neglected for some time. I "should" be arranging my cupboards preparing for some much needed food storage. I "should" be playing with the kids rather than pawning them off in front of the TV. I "should" make dinner, but I need to run to Wal Mart anyway...and a few nuggets won't kill them since it is located in the store. So, needless to say, I have taken a week off. Maybe next week I will get something accomplished. This week started out pretty good, on Monday I cleaned and organized three of my kitchen cupboards. I was on a roll until the boy woke up. All productivity stops when he's awake....can I blame the rest on him?

I have goals of organizing all the kids closets and drawers. I have goals of putting the grown out of/into clothes into the attic and taking the rest to the goodwill. I have goals of cleaning out Dan's closet while he's away. He is getting TOO skinny and NONE of his clothes fit. It really isn't fair. I am hoping now that I have pointed out all my goals maybe one by one I can knock them off the list. I would love to do laundry, but the dryer vent has been disconnected while they are fixing a leaking roof. Lucky for us, the builder is paying for and fixing it entirely. So, no laundry today. Oh well, it looks like it will be a busy Saturday.

Maybe next week they won't all be "shoulds" but will be competed tasks.

No comments: