Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS GRANDPA JOHN!!


We just needed to dedicate a post to Dan's dad, John. He completed his first marathon this weekend and we are so proud of him. He has spend many many hours and many months preparing for this. If any of you are runners, you can imagine what it would take to get ready to run 26.2 miles. He finished in a great time. I don't know that I will ever have the desire to run that far or that long, but I do have an appreciation for the difficulty of it. I have been running with a friend who is training for the St. George Marathon, and I haven't gone that far, but the distances I have gone with her are long enough (15 miles was my max). So, all you folks out there who can run for 26.2 miles, I salute you! You are all my heros! Once again...congratulations Grandpa! We are so proud of you!



1 comment:

Leanne said...

That's amazing.. I just don't get it... There is no way I could do it, BUT.. you ran 15 miles! That's huge. How did you do that? Knowing you, you will run a marathon as well... Nice work!