Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ouch!!

So, this was a weekend of lessons for us...namely for miss Tarin. Friday night Dan and I went out on a date and we left the kids with a babysitter. She is a relatively new sitter and was pretty nervous I think anyway. Tarin had convinced her to get out the flat iron and play makeover with them. I am still a little unclear as to what exactly happened, but this is the result. The poor babysitter left sobbing, and I was just glad I walked in the house when I did.





So, there were a number of lessons learned, most of which I didn't even have to verbalize because of the result of a poor decision. It didn't stop her too much, she went and played her soccer game on Saturday and scored six goals. Her coach threatened to come over next Friday night and burn her other hand so she will score six next week. It is a big fat blister and hopefully it will not pop tomorrow at school. This is Tarin's first major owee. I am sure it is the first of many more to come. She has been mad about it because it hurts so much, so hopefully this will be a teaching point for many years to come. You know, this parenting thing seems to get a little harder each year. Suddenly just because mom said no isn't a good enough reason for things. I guess this is where learning the hard way comes in. I don't know if I am game for it or not.

4 comments:

Sonia said...

Holy moley! That looks awful, and really, really painful! Poor thing! I do have to agree, parenting does get harder, not easier. Although, I suspect once they are married and have children of their own, we may be able to relax a little! Yeah right!!!

Kristi said...

Poor girl! That is one huge blister!

Erin said...

OUCH! Well, this just gives fuel to my fear of leaving my children with a teenager... mostly because when I was a teen babysitting I had no clue what I was doing. And I second the parenting is hard comment. Now that Ellie is getting older I think to myself, "wait, the babies weren't the hard part?"

The Ollila's said...

OH MY!!!! That looks so horrible. Poor Tarin. But awesome she made 6goals in her soccer game. GO TARIN!